Goodwin Development Trust
Goodwin Development Trust is a successful community business that seeks to improve peoples quality of life through developing and delivering gap services. We are now looking to recruit professional, experienced & confident individuals into the following posts.
YEI Work Placement and Volunteer Coordinator (JOB REF: WPC01)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Fixed term until 31st July 2018
The purpose of this role is to identity volunteer placements for YEI beneficiaries within the Goodwin Development Trust and its partner organisation, ensuring they are suitable to the beneficiary’s needs and their chosen progression pathway. The coordinator will also support the young person post placements to ensure they progress into a positive opportunity. Your main responsibilities will include:
- To support and work closely with other members of the Training team to ensure high quality provision is maintained and delivered in accordance with funding and Matrix requirements.
- To support and work closely with other members of the Training team, partners and work placement providers to ensure high quality provision is maintained and delivered in accordance with funding and Matrix/Ofsted requirements.
- Create SMART action plans with beneficiaries completing work placements providing them with continued support and undertake regular reviews.
- To work in partnership with staff and volunteers from the Training team and to ensure effective communication, sharing of skill and knowledge and joined up flexible delivery of training department to young people.
- Undertake promotional and marketing activity to raise awareness of the support available to young people across but not limited to parents, carers, family support workers, GP surgeries and other partner organisations.
- Develop and deliver session with YEI individuals and groups to ensure individual pathways the programme in general is co-deigned with service users.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with young people and adults. You must have the ability to stay calm when faced with confrontational and threatening situations. The post holder must be able to show they have the ability to sensitivity to people from diverse families and cultural backgrounds. Experience of successfully working to Matrix Quality Standards would be an advantage but is not essential.
For an Application Pack, please contact the HR Department by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (01482) 594319 (answer machine, leave a message and a pack will be sent to you) CVs not accepted.
These posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services Check and Satisfactory References.
Application forms should be returned stating Job Reference WPC01 to: HR Department, The Octagon, Pod 5, Walker Street, Hull, HU3 2RA (CVs not accepted) no later than 12PM on Wednesday 13th December 2017. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 19th December 2017. If you haven’t heard from us by this date, please accept that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please click here to see JD.YEI work placement coordinator JD
“Goodwin Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruiting procedures through references and DBS checks”