Goodwin Development Trust
Goodwin Development Trust is a successful community business that seeks to improve peoples quality of life through developing and delivering gap services. We are now looking to recruit professional, experienced & confident individuals into the following posts.
YEI IAG officer/ Key Worker (JOB REF: IAG01)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Fixed term until 31st July 2018
The purpose of this role is to work with Training team from the Community Hub to provide a holistic service to young people, in particular lone parents. To deliver high quality IAG’s, one on one mentoring and group sessions to increase personal and social development, employability, and confidence in order to progress clients into a positive opportunity. Your duties will include:
- Develop and deliver session with YEI individuals and groups to ensure individual pathways the programme in general is co-deigned with service users.
- Undertake individual needs assessments with young people to identify short and long term goals and potential and actual barriers to participation in accordance with Matrix Quality and Customer First OFSTED standards.
- Identify and engage existing and new young people, particularly lone parents and promote the positive benefits of the service and the future opportunities.
- To work in partnership with staff and volunteers from the Training team and each of the Children’s Centres within the locality to ensure effective communication, sharing of skill and knowledge and joined up flexible delivery of training department and children’s centre services to young people and families.
- Create SMART action plans with young people providing them with continued support and undertake regular reviews.
The idea candidate will have experience of assessing needs and providing emotional and practical support to young people and lone parents. Thee post holder must hold a relevant Level 3 or equivalent qualification in an appropriate field related to Youth and Community Work, Education, Health, Social Care Early Years. Knowledge and understand of training and employment pathways that lead to individual progression would be an advantage but is not essential.
For an Application Pack, please contact the HR Department by email email@example.com jobs or phone: (01482) 594319 (answer machine, leave a message and a pack will be sent to you) CVs not accepted.
These posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services Check and Satisfactory References.
Application forms should be returned stating Job Reference IAG01 to: HR Department, The Octagon, Pod 5, Walker Street, Hull, HU3 2RA (CVs not accepted) no later than 12PM on Wednesday 13th December. Interviews will take place Tuesday 19th December 2017. If you haven’t heard from us by this date, please accept that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please click here to see the JD.YEI IAG-Key worker- JD
“Goodwin Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruiting procedures through references and DBS checks”