Goodwin Development Trust
Goodwin Development Trust is a successful community business that seeks to improve peoples quality of life through developing and delivering gap services from a number of sites across the City of Hull. We are now seeking to recruit an experienced and flexible site support worker into the following role:
Site Support Worker (JOB REF: SSW1)
Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary: £7.70 per hour
The main purpose of this role is to provide a holistic site support service to your specified site/s, including cleaning, minor maintenance, landscaping, litter picking, decorating, furniture moving and general building duties as and when required, within set limitations. Your main duties will include:
- Undertake cleaning duties as instructed by Building Manager, to include vacuuming, dusting, polishing, mopping floors, polishing/buffing floors, wiping skirting boards/doors, emptying bins, cleaning all surfaces/appliances/cupboards/crockery, toilets and windows, as required.
- Undertake repairs and minor maintenance jobs on site as and when required & report effectively to the Building Manager
- Undertake indoor and outdoor painting and decorating tasks as required
- Request/re-order appropriate materials/cleaning material for specific tasks via the Building Manager
- Monitor and record any disturbances / vandalism and report any severe damage immediately and seek necessary back up.
- Ensure all Health & Safety notices are adequately displayed on site
- Ensure you follow all Health & Safety procedures (including COSHH) and understand all Risk Assessments for the post
- Undertake deep cleans as required.
The ideal candidate must have an understanding of Health & Safety issues regarding the tasks required of the post holder which include an understanding of COSHH, manual handling & risk assessments, or a willingness to train. The successful candidate will have a flexible “can do” attitude and be willing to work flexible hours. Familiarity with Alarm Systems/Lock down procedures and knowledge of CCTV is not essential but would be an advantage
For an Application Pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR Department on (01482) 594319 (leave message on voicemail).
Application forms should be returned stating Job Reference SSW1 to: HR Department, The Octagon, Pod 5, Walker Street, Hull, HU3 2RA by 12pm on Tuesday 19th December 2017.Â Interviews will take place on Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th January 2018 If you have not heard anything this by date, please accept that you have not been successful. (CVs not accepted)
Please click here to see the JD.Site Support Worker JD
Â This Post is subject to a Standard Disclosure & Barring Services and Satisfactory References.
“Goodwin Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruiting procedures through references and DBS checks.”