Goodwin Development Trust
Goodwin Development Trust is a successful community business that seeks to improve peoples quality of life through developing and delivering gap services. We are now looking to recruit professional, experienced & confident individuals into the following post.
Octagon Hospitality / Café Operative (JOB REF: HCO1)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Â£16,000 per annum
Fixed term until 31st July 2018
The purpose of this role is to support the Community Cafe and Work Placement Coordinator and the Youth Training Team to provide work placements and training opportunities for our Youth Employment Initiative Beneficiaries. The successful candidate will support young people to provide professional organisation and delivery of the catering requirements for the Conference/Catering Facilities, along with the day-to-day operation of the Octagon Cafe, delivering an excellent food and beverage service to customers while ensuring that health and safety and food hygiene rules and regulations are adhered to at all times. Your main duties will include:
- Delivering day to day catering provision requirements against pre-arranged bookings.
- Work alongside the Octagon Security staff to ensure the safety and positive visitor experiences of all customers, clients, tenants, visitors and users of the Octagon.
- Provide a varied breakfast and lunch menu within the Octagon Cafe taking into account dietary needs and food preferences.
- Take responsibility for directing volunteers and YEI work placements, as needed.
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies and procedures along with basic food hygiene are followed, reviewed and operated in accordance with current legislation and Goodwin Group of Companies requirements
- Responsible for daily clearing and washing up of crockery used, kitchen and servery cleaning and reporting any equipment faults to the Estates Officer.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in food preparation/delivery in hospitality/catering environments. The post holder must have experience in handling money and they must also have the relevant catering qualification in City & Guilds or NVQ equivalent or be willing to undertake training. Experience working with young people and adults in a catering training environment would be an advantage but is not essential.
For an Application Pack, please contact the HR Department by email email@example.com or phone: (01482) 594319 (answer machine â€“ leave a message and a pack will be sent to you) CVs not accepted.
These posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services Check and Satisfactory References.
Application forms should be returned stating Job Reference HCO1 to: HR Department, The Octagon, Pod 5, Walker Street, Hull, HU3 2RA (CV’s not accepted) no later than 12PM on Wednesday 13th December 2017. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 20th December 2017. If you haven’t heard from us by this date, please accept that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Click here to see the JD.Octagon Hospitality Café Operative JD
“Goodwin Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruiting procedures through references and DBS”