The Octagon Children’s Centre is at the heart of the Thornton Estate, providing a range of services that meet the needs of children and families. And at the heart of our Children’s Centre is The Octagon Nursery where we provide quality care and education for pre-school children in an excellent purpose built facility.
What’s on offer at Octagon Children’s Centre?
- 65 Place Ofsted registered childcare for children aged 6 weeks – 5 years. We offer flexible quality provision from 7.30am -6pm Monday – Friday which include crèche places for parents wanting to take up training and 3 and 4 year old early education funding free places.
- Support for local childminders who can use the children’s centre services.
- Parenting courses and advice on the ages and stages of your child’s development.
- Health services including midwifery booking and child health clinics at the Octagon Family Centre (OFC).
- Children’s Centre practitioners with advice and information on smoking cessation, practical advice on breastfeeding, weaning, and home safety.
- Children’s Centre practitioners offer home visits and more intensive support for families needing it.
- Sessions for parents with new babies that include baby massage, baby signing and baby yoga.
- Stay and play activity sessions for children and parents at the Octagon Family Centre and at outreach centres in the Hessle Road community.
- Training information and access to information and guidance on training.
- Job Centre Plus advice and guidance on seeking work and better off calculations.
- Links to local schools including transition from the Children’s Centre.
- Advice and services for young people through the Youth team at the Octagon Family Centre including a teenage sexual health clinic, sports activities on the multi use games area and craft, music and media sessions.
We welcome parents, carers and children coming and using the centre at any time. Facilities at the Octagon Family Centre include a small kitchen and a multi purpose play space. There is always a friendly face and we have car parking and a buggy park. Some parents may want to join our Activity Planning Group or become part of the Advisory Board. We want parents and carers to help us to deliver the services that meet the needs of the community.
For session information please download our Joint Timetable Summer Timetable.
For a timetable or any further information or advice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Or telephone 01482 587550, Octagon Children’s Centre The Octagon, Walker Street Hull HU3 2RA