Creative People and Places (CPP) Programme – Back to Ours
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Production Manager seeking to play a key role in the delivery of Back to Ours, the newest of 21 projects in the Arts Council England’s national Creative People and Places (CPP) programme.
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £25K-35K. Negotiable / subject to experience.
Fixed Term until 31st December 2019 with potential for renewal
The main purpose of this role is to establish and maintain a strong creative vision for Hull CPP. You will work closely with the Director to plan and deliver an outstanding arts programme, establishing it as a national exemplar both in the excellence of the arts it delivers and in the numbers and depth of audience engagement and participation it achieves. You will do this by:
- Work with the Director and the rest of the team to deliver an ambitious portfolio of projects and events in line with the Back To Ours creative vision and objectives
- Liaise with all artists and companies presenting work to assess their technical requirements
- Recruit, manage and contract technical and production staff needed to deliver the programme
- Produce venue/site plans, delivery schedules and event management plans
- Manage the delivery of events and event staff
- Prepare and manage project budgets, forecasts and costings
- Prepare risk assessments, method statements and event safety management plans as required
- Coordinate all necessary permissions, insurance documents and risk assessments for events and activities within the programme
- Identify and build connectivity and progression routes between the Back to Ours programme and the work of partner organisations in order to build long term capacity.
- The post holder will have experience of delivering indoor and outdoor arts events on time and within budget. They will also have an understanding of and proven experience of working with non-traditional arts venues. Established network of local technical and production staff and suppliers would be an advantage but is not essential. A detailed job description and job specification is available on request. To apply for this role your application should comprise:
- A short covering letter including full daytime and evening contact details (maximum 1 page).
- A written statement setting our why you are applying and summarising your experience, interests and qualifications for the job. (Maximum 4 pages A4).
- Please include contact details for at least 2 employment referees.
- Your CV (maximum 4 pages long)
- The attached Equal Opportunities form
Click here to see the JD BackToOurs – ProductionManager JD
This post is subject to a Standard Disclosure & Barring Service Check and Satisfactory References.
Applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2PM on Tuesday 24th October 2017. Interviews will take place between Wednesday 8th-Friday 10th November 2017. If you haven’t heard from us by this date, please accept that on this occasion your
application has not been successful
“”Goodwin Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruiting procedures through references and DBS checks.”